We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents.
In order to comply with Ohio’s Implied Warranty Of Habitability standard (ORC Section 5321.04), Ohio Judicial law, and Realty Trust Services standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property:
- Property professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operating as designed.
- Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
- Doors and locks all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition.
Full Rent-Ready Requirements
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements,including the Ohio Warranty of Habitability Requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner.
- All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini-blinds
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept
- No exterior debris
- Lawn cut and trimmed
- Landscaping fresh and clean
- 10 Year Battery (OR WIRED) Smoke and Carbon monoxide detectors installed within 15 feet of each bedroom and on every floor.
- Back sliding door must have vertical blinds
- All light bulbs working
- Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings secure
- Exterior window wells require covers
- Wood-burning fireplace(s), if operational, shall be clean of any debris and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds.
- No draperies on windows
- All windows should have screens
This list is not meant to cover each and make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked.